Monday, March 31, 2008

Back in Action

I bought my bike on Saturday...I went for a solo ride that day, and Annie and I rode today. Ultra fun. We look like huge nerds on our matching bikes...luckily our outfits weren't coordinated.

Today was our first day back in school and it was pretty intense. 6 straight hours of lecture. But not to worry! Our profs were out of control, as usual:

Anesthesia: One human being poisoning another human being in a caring and reversible manner. The half-asleep looking after the half-awake while they are being half-murdered by the half-witted.

And from our anesthesia course notes, the first bullet point under the History of Anesthesiology:
"And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof" Gen 2:21

More firsts:
-Cruise
-road bike ride
-FONDUE!!! tomorrow night
-Bay to Breakers

Sorry about the randomness of this post. I'm a bit frazzled after the first day back in class. How are you?

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

Ooh, I've never had real fondue, despite receiving a fondue pot as a wedding gift. Let me know how it is!