Sunday, March 16, 2008

Geeked Out


It's official, I'm the biggest nerd at the vet school (and possibly the universe).

I definitely had a dream about lung pathology in horses last night. Yep. I dreamt that I was going to rescue this horse, and I thought so myself, Self, we should radiograph this horse's lungs. So we did, and there was a diffuse interstitial pattern, and I started going through differential diagnoses in my head. !!!! Um, and I actually came up with some. !!! We never figured out the disease in my dream, but I elected to euthanize the horse because it had such bad pneumonia. Yesiree, vet student dreams.

Other dorkiness: I was eating a slice of focaccia bread yesterday and thought it looked just like a slice of lung from our pathology lab. Then I thought it would be a cool idea to make focaccia with stuff in it to make it look like it was a rhodoccocus lung (ie put olives in the bread to represent the abscesses). Too gross?

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

You're my favorite. :) I heard diffuse interstitial and thought, "left sided heart failure? Do horses even get that?" Yeah, we haven't done much LA stuff yet...

I would eat your bread!