Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just keep swimming!

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive, but I'm doing my utmost!

On the bright side, the demands of school are teaching me to be more selective with my time. On the one hand, it doesn't make me a bad person when I decline invitations because I'm tired/have to study/just need a night to myself. On the other hand, there are times when school can no longer be priority number 1.

Great news! I just acquired a horse limb of my very own!! It's currently chillin in the lye tank at school, so that in a couple weeks it will be a lovely set of bones for me to learn/teach. Woohoo!! Right now I only have a front leg, but by the end of the quarter I'll have a hind leg too. Pictures will be posted once the bones have dried.

5 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Do you have to wait for the hind leg until it dies, too? :)

Jenevieve said...

You were in my crazy dream/nightmare last night... we were trapped in the hull of a sinking ship, and we were trying to somehow tie knots in this length of rope to save ourselves, but the rope was covered in thick black oil and kept coming undone, and then it caught on fire, and it was really scary.

Um, yeah. I have no idea what it means, but at least we were there together?

Kayla said...

WHOA! Crazy dream. I bet I was trying to tie a clove hitch or a bowline knot. :)

Jenevieve said...

Funny, I woke up thinking I was trying to tie a surgeon's knot or a two-handed tie.

Kayla said...

We are, without a doubt, the biggest nerds in the universe. Kudos to us. :)