Monday, October 6, 2008

For Better or For Worse

So I went to a wedding on Saturday. It was beautiful, etc, but I realized weddings have some weird traditions.
-Why is cutting the cake such a big deal? Yes, the bride and groom are capable of using utensils and feeding themselves...possibly making sure they'll be able to take care of each other in their old age??
-Two words: bouquet toss. Definitely my LEAST favorite part of every wedding.
-Retrieving the garter...hmmm, not so sure I want to be felt up in front of my grandma. But maybe that's just me.
-Toasts: Not so good when toasters are toasted. Moral of the story: taking 4 shots before making a toast is probably a bad idea. Yeah.
-Some excellent quotes: "Some people see the shape of the rings, and they like to get philosophical and say the ring is a symbol of unending love and all that. But really it's just the shape that fits best on your finger." (that's my kind of pastor!)
-"Steve graduated from college, and soon found the love of his life....golf." -best man's toast

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

haha! Too true. Bouquet toss is lame, but expected. Matt was definitely given specific instructions that the garter was at my knee *and NO higher*. Toasts are worse when the toaster is toasted, but better when the audience is toasted. For sure.

:) I miss you! We have cats now, so we can trade cat stories.